The Ewing Five -
RSS

Recent Posts

When did the movies become a bargain?
You're Not Special
Where Boston beats Sydney #1 -- Musical Theater
Where Sydney beats Boston #1…
An orchestra conducted beautifully...

Categories

October 2010
October 2011
September 2010
September 2011
powered by

My Blog

The Matrix, real or science fiction?

In 1999 The Matrix was released and became a quick hit.  Some say it was more than a really good science fiction movie, instead calling it a great retelling of a reluctant savior story in a futuristic world where machines have taken over and the reality you believe is not real, but is only the code the machine pump into your head through the Matrix.

That’s a little more than my head can bear, it feels like my brain is looking into an Escher painting, what’s real, isn’t and what isn’t is.  I never thought that hard about it, I just thought the special effects were pretty cool.

So fast forward ten years, and two more installments in the Matrix trilogy and I found out last week that the original Matrix was filmed not only in spots around Sydney, but that significant and important parts of the movie were filmed in my building!  I work in the BT building at the corner of Market and Kent, across the street from the Allianz building and just up the street from the AON tower (now the Sydney tower).

I guess that makes me famous and also pretty high tech.

But it also makes me nervous… perhaps the Matrix is generated from within this building, perhaps the machines have already taken over and I’m plugged in right now… I may never know what's real and what's not unless you help by reading these two coded messages.

ENCODED MESSAGE #1
qrcode

ENCODED MESSAGE #2
qrcode

8 Comments to The Matrix, real or science fiction?:

Comments RSS
Anonymous on Thursday, April 07, 2011 2:58 AM
Jeffrey Splash! PC Load Letter
Reply to comment

Bob on Monday, April 18, 2011 9:04 PM
I am in fact reasonably tech savvy for my age... but make no mistake, I am an immigrant. My kids are tech natives and run circles around me - Bob (Douglas)(no help on Flickr etc.)
Reply to comment

Doug on Monday, May 09, 2011 3:16 PM
My high-tech partner finally got a QR app and counseled me on this Kingbay - Beach Shadows - Edward III Fun! Love Dad
Reply to comment

coursework writing service on Friday, June 29, 2018 5:57 AM
Once they have done this, we can be confident that they will produce results. You can be sure that our writers are all top rated and you will only ever be paired with a writer who is qualified to the same level or higher as the academic qualification you are currently studying for.
Reply to comment

davidjackson on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:37 AM
This post is very informative. I am very glad to get the knowledge about the matrix real or science fiction. All the information is very impressive, i surely share this with others. keep it up and keep sharing. heavy duty garage shelving
Reply to comment

bestessays prices on Tuesday, August 06, 2019 6:56 PM
The Matrix came out when I was in middle school and I enjoyed the trilogy without properly understanding what the movie is all about. It was only after I re-watched it when I was much older did I fully understand. I think what fascinated me as a young audience what the action scenes - the flying leap, the fast-paced exchange of blows, and rain of bullets that Neo easily avoided with quick reflexes. These were stunts only scene in Chinese movies previously. Now these type of action scenes have been completely adopted in Hollywood movies. The Wachowskis are really visionaries.
Reply to comment

profile picture on Tuesday, October 29, 2019 3:54 AM
Your blog is really cool and great.your blog is really cool and great.your blog is really cool and awesome.thanks for sharing the nice and cool post.
Reply to comment

https://www.uvwriters.com/ on Saturday, November 02, 2019 12:02 PM
UK preparing structure is absolutely following an average informational model. Some various countries in the Asian Landmass like India and Pakistan are in like manner following their informative game plan since it is also effective for them.
Reply to comment