The Ewing Five -
RSS

Recent Posts

When did the movies become a bargain?
You're Not Special
Where Boston beats Sydney #1 -- Musical Theater
Where Sydney beats Boston #1…
An orchestra conducted beautifully...

Categories

October 2011
September 2010
September 2011
powered by

My Blog

Cold!

It just sort of crept up on us, and we were definitely not ready for it, but it is suddenly COLD in Australia.  It always messes with my mind a bit to think that the northern hemisphere is headed into the heat, while we're starting think about going skiing (no joke, they got a nice dumping of snow in Australia's snowy mountains last week while Alex was nearby in Canberra).  Typically I really like this time of year, but either I'm getting old, I'm unprepared for the cold to set in, or both (easy people).

Don't get me wrong, it's not like Minnesota cold, but the difference is that you expect cold in Minnesota, and people are prepared for it with things like heating systems in their houses, and extension cords that dangle out of the car's radiator.  Sydney is not prepared.  In our house, we have two fireplaces and a heating system that is supposed to keep the place warm.  They just don't work -- which might just be because our house is full of giant holes and has not one single piece of insulation.

To be fair, the difference between cold in Sydney and cold in Minnesota is probably an order of magnitude, which was illustrated to me just the other day....Here in Sydney, Wendy asked me to start the car and let it run to warm up for a while before we left.  When we lived in Minnesota umpteen years ago, Wendy asked me to plug the car in to make sure it'd start.

At least it's been dry and beautiful here -- hope you're not too water-logged where you are.

7 Comments to Cold!:

Comments RSS
boom essays review on Saturday, June 09, 2018 9:51 AM
The weather just up and down because it's changed in weather. I also feel that there is so cold in Australia now a day. I hope soon the weather come in control.
Reply to comment

buy essay online on Friday, June 29, 2018 5:55 AM
Before you place your order, check to see if you are eligible for any of our discounts and grab the code. Simply enter the discount code at the checkout and your discount will be automatically applied to the price you will pay.
Reply to comment

degreenjobs.org on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 6:25 PM
No doubt, in companies the usage of lights are increased day by day due to an increase of work. But companies pay the bill because they use it. But still, they need to care about it.
Reply to comment

hackeroffice.com on Sunday, December 09, 2018 7:42 AM
If you are an experienced gamer or novice, the following article has something for you! Learn about the latest winning techniques, cheat codes, discounts and newest editions coming out soon. No matter what your game or purpose in playing, you are sure to find something new and valuable in the tips listed below.
Reply to comment

Lisa on Monday, September 30, 2019 6:38 AM
I wish your state stable weather. Great blog design. I like to follow your creative ideas in blogging. If you are looking for high-quality text on any topic, we https://philosophyessays.net will help you at any time of the day quickly and efficiently.
Reply to comment

free child custody lawyers for fathers on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:06 AM
Reply to comment

picbear on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 6:56 AM
This is a good information about the clip in multi. All the stuff is great. well done for the good stuff. Download free nice videos on instagram, please visit site picbear
Reply to comment